Sunday 15 April 2012

It started with a canvas that didn't belong on Etsy

It helps if you start off with an eye catching piece when you're working with a blank room. I picked up this canvas for £10 in Wilkinsons and everything fell into place (I'll post proper pictures of it in the living room big reveal as I could only find my 100mm lens.)
Dimensions are 24"x 84" roughly and it fits perfectly above my mantlepiece. We thought that we should base our living room around this piece so we found a theme of woodland/fantasy that could subtlely incorporate my religion as I am firmly in the "broom closet" irl (in real life) and have been for the past seven years. It's not that I'm scared, I just don't think my relationship with God and Goddess is anyone elses business. Anyway I am digressing.

Purple will be the key to the living room. Not everything has to be purple but purple should feature in almost everything...

But holy hell I want a dragon!

No comments:

Post a Comment