Thursday 26 July 2012

February! My favourite month of purchases!

I've been dying to show you what I bought in February for the cottage, which means, the living room is nearly ready to be shown! Huzzah!

Okay, I bought three out of this world items, I am in love with all of them.

First up I bought

I am hopelessly in love with Bram Stoker's novel 'Dracula'. The book, the films all of it. I prefer Francis Ford Coppola's version mainly because I have a small, okay, a huge crush on Gary Oldman. Did you know, that Stoker's novel was initially a flop as at the time, horror novels were considered to be laughed upon and only his mother liked it!
"Listen to them!
The Children of the night!
What music they make."

I bought this From Derrick Castle for an impressive £6. I had to because it's a linocut on a page, they were limited edition and I got a page from Dr Seward's diary.

The artist says: Here as of recent, I've been interested in creating simple silhouette illustrations. I had a concept of taking classic literary horror figures and making linocuts. I wanted to come up with a simple illustration to capture the atmosphere of the character.

This is what I came up with for Bram Stoker's Dracula. I wanted to do something a little different than the Bella Lugosi or Gary Oldman likeness. So I went more the route of a wretched creature.

Each hand cut linoprint is pressed onto a page from the classic Bram Stoker Novel. This is a limited edition of 20 prints. Each print is especially unique with hand painted blood splatters and burned edges. Each print is then mounted on black card stock, signed and numbered, measuring 8.5x11.

Have any questions? Contact the shop owner.
Straw Castle Designs also have a Facebook www.facebook.com/pages/Straw-Castle-Design/64069200796


My next purchase was what I consider to be an extravagant purchase. Every living room, I feel, deserves an extra special timepiece. A living room relying on the TV clock is a sad and unhappy living room. Enter, THE MELTING CLOCK!!
Oh yes! The Melting clock did set me back £44 including p&p but even frugalists need some extravagances once in a while and this was worth every penny.


 I feel I am not going to stay within my budget but I am trying!


Anyway this was bought from Hilary Wiezbenski at melting clocks org her clocks start from £29 and the work that goes into hand making every piece is astounding!


The artist says This Dali inspired melting wall clock is hand painted Dark Purple. It has a black border and numbers. The clock face is finished with high gloss epoxy resin for a durable glass like surface. Made from 3/8 inch Baltic birch the clock measures 15 X 7 inches. Quartz clock movement runs on one AA battery (included). Clock is hand signed by the artist (me).

This clock will be completed once ordered. Production time is one week. 


For a full view of available colors please visit: www.MeltingClocks.org. Any questions please don't hesitate to contact me.

Have any questions? Contact the shop owner.
Thank you Hilary!
Okay last but certainly not least my final purchase in February was by a wonderful artist called Sandra Arteaga. Three 5x7" prints for £17 including p&p. Sandra very kindly put in two extra free prints which was a lovely surprise and they are also up in the living room (I'll show pictures in two weeks, when I expect the living room to be completed and up on the blog. Sandra also sells dolls which her prints are based on and they are amazing!



The artist says:
The set contains three prints in a size of 8.7" x 5.5" 

These are a high-quality prints of a original pictures taken from my art dolls. Printed professionally, with high-quality inks and paper heavy weight with a luster finish.
Is printed by both faces.


These are perfect for giving as gifts or even framing as a lovely way to have some affordable art for your walls.

Will be sent to you in a protective cardboard envelope.
Packaged carefully to ensure safe delivery. 

Thank you for looking! :)

Have any questions? Contact the shop owner.

You can buy her prints and dolls at Sandra ArteagA on Etsy.com
I spent £67 this month we have £283 left in our budget. Are we going to go over? I hope not I really do, but I have a strong sense that we may end up going over budget by an estimated £30. :-( But the living room is pretty much done. I'm still confident we can do this and so is Mr. Frugal Witch. 


No comments:

Post a Comment